Some Simple Group Riding Tips
…to make your group ride safe and fun!
- If someone’s horse gets loose: DISMOUNT IMMEDIATELY!
- When another horse is bucking or running scared, yours may very well want to join. For safety, jump off, quickly take the reins off his neck, and the situation becomes yours to control.
- Keep a horse length between when traveling on a trail.
- On problem obstacles, wait on the other side for the next horse to cross. Do not leave them alone!
- Make an agreement before heading down the trail: no one in the group takes off at a faster gait. The horse(s) who are left behind may bolt to catch up, with no matter if there are limbs, ditches, or whatever in the way. And/or they could start bucking as a way to get you off, so they can rejoin the other horse(s).