The 2014 Bring Your Buddy Day was splendid in every way! Final count was 74 riders! Incredible turnout!
The courses handled the volume perfectly. The weather was great and there were smiles everywhere I looked.
My wonderful family and good friends ensured the day's success; they are the ones who made it work. Here is my list of very, very good buddies:
- My husband, Mike, who is getting more & more wily to trap when I say, "Hey, Mike, I've got a new idea for an obstacle!" For events, Mike's oversees the lunch. He always has a smile on his face.
- My V.I.P. friends, Cindy Pippin and Laycee Grauer: these gals have been with me from the start of this little business. They are reliable, friendly, patient, smart and good horsewomen. They are out and about on the courses to assist riders. For this event, Cindy came up with the popular memory test game and with several of our Fall Fun Course obstacles. Laycee ably assists on the photography; I am so grateful because there's no way I can capture everyone.
- My office staff, Donna Stone and Reetsie Fuller: These two made sure everyone signed their waivers and collected riding fees. They were the meeters and greeters, as well as being the information booth.
- My daughter and son-in-law, Lana and Bo: With her day job, Lana is only able to help out on our big weekend events. She's an organizer and keeps everything rolling along smoothly. She's also my go-to computer girl. Buddy Day was Bo's first foray for an event here. He directed the horse trailer parking - no small job, with everyone coming at once! He also changed a flat tire in the 90 degree weather!
- My brother-in-law, Dennis Herron: Dennis came all the way down from Kelso, WA to be Guy Friday for us. He helped prepare the food and set out tables & chairs.
- My friends, Pat Pippin and Chris Belch: Pat and Chris did all the slaving over the hot barbecues and some 85+ burgers later, knew they did a great job. YUM, YUM! We were a hungry herd and lunch sure tasted good!